The Page for Volunteers
There are many things that we do to make the Hot Doggett event successful. While much of the work is done by members of the Rotary Club of Madison County, there is always room for volunteers to help shoulder the load. The Rotary Club of Madison County prides itself on fielding exceptional volunteers for this event and our riders have reflected that in many of their comments to us (see Testimonials). We are often approached by people who want to help us, and we gladly take them up on it!
How can I volunteer? – go to SignUp Site
This year we are again using a web-based tool, SignUp.com, to make volunteering even easier. All of the volunteer opportunities have been loaded and include a brief description and the approximate time-frame and location that a volunteer is needed.
There are over 150 volunteer opportunities during the week of the Hot Doggett – from stuffing goody bags to making PB&J sandwiches, from last-minute gravel sweeps to helping at a rest-stop, and from helping serve the post-ride meal to welcoming riders with cold wet towels as they cross the finish line. If you (or someone you know) want to be part of the Hot Doggett but doesn’t want to ride, we have an opportunity for all!
We will publish a complete list of opportunities, together with approximate times and descriptions on SignUp.com . By using this link, volunteers will automatically be connected to the Hot Doggett event on this handy web portal – for those who volunteer, it will automatically send a confirmation and reminders.
All you have to do is sign-up, select one or more volunteer positions and then show up at the time indicated. SignUp.com will even send you a reminder a day or two before!
First, click on this link: SignUp.com
The information below will help you get set up.
- Scroll through the list of volunteer positions. This is in chronological order.
- Once you find a position you want to sign up for, click on the “sign up” box on the right.
- At this point, you’ll be prompted to enter and confirm your email address. Followed by a request to provide your name and telephone number. Suggestion – uncheck the two boxes on the lower part of the screen to avoid receiving unwanted emails.
- If you are planning to do more than one job, scroll through the list to find the next role and click on the “sign up” box on the right.
- Once you are done selecting your volunteer spots, hit “SAVE” at the top of your screen.
- You will get a message saying that it is confirming your selections.
- Once it’s confirmed, you have the option of printing out the roles that you signed up for.
- You can simply close out of this screen at this point (there isn’t a prompt to “log out).